Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 April 2011

POLITICIANS !

I am going to be serious this post folks don’t worry I won’t make it a habit gosh I typed that as if I was expecting people to actually read it. But just incase I will proceed.
ELECTION TIME. No doubt like me you have been getting pestered constantly with all these leaflets and door knockers trying to persuade us to give them our vote. I personally will not be giving up the comfort of my sofa to walk down to a school to put my mark on a job for some no use skiver that I will never hear about again for another 4 years. But yesterday I got really wound up. This party representative who I will describe as a numpty for lack of a better word comes to my door it does not matter what party he was from they are all the same only looking for a job with a good fiddle lots of nights out and trips abroad and a decent wage packet for telling lies ( hey I could do that anyone want to vote for me ?)

But seriously I tells him straight he is wasting his time and breath ( you should have heard his wheeze after climbing 3 flights of stairs to be greeted by my fuming face
(The Simpsons where on the box).But no he insists that he knows better and that I should listen to him. Now I don’t have any political allegiance but I know what I want to see happening in my country and the first thing is Jobs for the people I would say that about 40% of the people I know work in the building trade of that 80% of these guys cant find a job. Plumbers, electricians, joiners, brick layers the list goes on. Some of these guys have not had a job for over a year guys who have worked the past 20 – 30 years without ever experiencing any more than a couple of weeks on the dole.

Now here is my problem with that. in this city just now there are two major building contracts going on. The M74 extension and the massive commonwealth games village at Parkhead but how many people who come from the city are employed on those sites I will bet it is less that 20%. That is wrong and don’t give me the crap that we don’t have the skills to do the job because that is just nonsense it is because Scottish based companies either never knew who to bung or did not have the money to give the bung to the contract givers.

The state of our roads are a disgrace I have been driving for 30 years and in the last two years I have witnessed some serious dangerous driving that I have never experienced before as people drive along the roads swerving ,suddenly breaking or driving on the wrong side of the road to avoid wrecking  their cars down massive pot holes. I estimate that the only road in Glasgow that you could travel more than 50 metres on without having to swerve a deep pothole must be that new motorway extension that has not been used yet. Drivers are ripped off by taxes at every turn. Road tax ,Fuel duty, Parking tickets ,Speed cameras and heavy repair bills due to the state of the roads. Yet there are thousands of guys sitting at home capable and willing to get out there and fix those roads but the Government don’t have the money to pay for the repairs why because they would rather spend our money on things like Commonwealth Games, Olympic Venues, Parliament buildings? Scotland is full of empty offices and factories that you could hold meetings in. ok new Motorways could benefit some of us if we could afford to put petrol in our cars to travel. But surely it makes more sense to fix the ones we have first then build new roads.

This guy seemed convinced that there is a serious lack of skilled people in Scotland to carry out these jobs. And that for the future things looked bleaker because the youth of today are not being trained in the skills that will be needed to build a stronger better Britain. My answer to that is get all those Trades men sitting at home twiddling their thumbs praying for things to pick up soon before they end up homeless and hungry because they just cant make ends meet on dole money. Use the Skills they have and those empty buildings all over the country as training units for the youth to learn the skills that will be needed to make our country strong again. Yea it will cost money but it will create employment which in turn will boast the economy and with a rising economy the need for those skilled youths it would be money far better spent than the billions of pounds being squandered on games venues that will bring pleasure to few and debt  for millions of tax payers who will never see the inside of such places.  If any politician out there is willing to fight for the things above not only will I give you my vote I will give up my time to knock on doors for you.   Wow now that was a rant
Ted.

No comments:

Post a Comment